Your Guide to New Jersey Social Security Office Facilities

There is a New Jersey Social Security office in most parts of the state. The federal government manages these facilities. Specifically, the Social Security Administration (SSA) is in charge of overseeing these establishments in New Jersey and throughout the country. You may need to go to a New Jersey Social Security (SS) office to apply for benefits through the SSA. This is especially true if you are nearing retirement age. However, you may be able to apply for Social Security in New Jersey at one of these facilities if you are younger as well. In these circumstances, though, you need to meet additional eligibility requirements.

At the Social Security office in New Jersey, you can apply for different types of federal programs. For example, you can submit your New Jersey application to enroll in Social Security retirement or Medicare. You can also report to one of these New Jersey SS office facilities and apply for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Even if you do not have immediate plans to apply for benefits, it is important that you understand where your closest New Jersey SS office is located. You will also need this office to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN) or SS card. The New Jersey Social Security office can also process your application for these IDs.

Find a New Jersey Social Security Office Near You

You need to find a New Jersey Social Security office near you so you know where to apply for benefits. If you do not know which facility is closest to you, you can conduct your search for centers online using this website. In fact, you can search for New Jersey Social Security offices by the facility’s:

ZIP code.
Street address.

Once you find a New Jersey SS office where you want to apply, check with facility representatives to see if walk-ins are accepted. Otherwise, you may need to schedule an appointment before you can apply onsite at a New Jersey SSA office.

This site is not affiliated with the SSA or any other government services.