Your Guide to Minnesota Social Security Office Facilities

There is a Minnesota Social Security office in most parts of the state. The federal government manages these facilities. Specifically, the Social Security Administration (SSA) is in charge of overseeing these establishments in Minnesota and throughout the country. You may need to go to a Minnesota Social Security (SS) office to apply for benefits through the SSA. This is especially true if you are nearing retirement age. However, you may be able to apply for Social Security in Minnesota at one of these facilities if you are younger as well. In these circumstances, though, you need to meet additional eligibility requirements.

At the Social Security office in Minnesota, you can apply for different types of federal programs. For example, you can submit your Minnesota application to enroll in Social Security retirement or Medicare. You can also report to one of these Minnesota SS office facilities and apply for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Even if you do not have immediate plans to apply for benefits, it is important that you understand where your closest Minnesota SS office is located. You will also need this office to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN) or SS card. The Minnesota Social Security office can also process your application for these IDs.

Find a Minnesota Social Security Office Near You

You need to find a Minnesota Social Security office near you so you know where to apply for benefits. If you do not know which facility is closest to you, you can conduct your search for centers online using this website. In fact, you can search for Minnesota Social Security offices by the facility’s:

ZIP code.
Street address.

Once you find a Minnesota SS office where you want to apply, check with facility representatives to see if walk-ins are accepted. Otherwise, you may need to schedule an appointment before you can apply onsite at a Minnesota SSA office.

This site is not affiliated with the SSA or any other government services.