Your Guide to Illinois Social Security Office Facilities
There is a Illinois Social Security office in most parts of the state. The federal government manages these facilities. Specifically, the Social Security Administration (SSA) is in charge of overseeing these establishments in Illinois and throughout the country. You may need to go to a Illinois Social Security (SS) office to apply for benefits through the SSA. This is especially true if you are nearing retirement age. However, you may be able to apply for Social Security in Illinois at one of these facilities if you are younger as well. In these circumstances, though, you need to meet additional eligibility requirements.
At the Social Security office in Illinois, you can apply for different types of federal programs. For example, you can submit your Illinois application to enroll in Social Security retirement or Medicare. You can also report to one of these Illinois SS office facilities and apply for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Even if you do not have immediate plans to apply for benefits, it is important that you understand where your closest Illinois SS office is located. You will also need this office to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN) or SS card. The Illinois Social Security office can also process your application for these IDs.
Find a Illinois Social Security Office Near You
You need to find a Illinois Social Security office near you so you know where to apply for benefits. If you do not know which facility is closest to you, you can conduct your search for centers online using this website. In fact, you can search for Illinois Social Security offices by the facility’s:
Once you find a Illinois SS office where you want to apply, check with facility representatives to see if walk-ins are accepted. Otherwise, you may need to schedule an appointment before you can apply onsite at a Illinois SSA office.
- Belleville Social Security Offices
- Bloomingdale Social Security Offices
- Bloomington Social Security Offices
- Carbondale Social Security Offices
- Champaign Social Security Offices
- Chicago Social Security Offices
- Chicago Heights Social Security Offices
- East St Louis Social Security Offices
- Effingham Social Security Offices
- Elgin Social Security Offices
- Evanston Social Security Offices
- Palos Hills Social Security Offices
- Pekin Social Security Offices
- Peoria Social Security Offices
- Peru Social Security Offices
This site is not affiliated with the SSA or any other government services.